Share this poster to:
|Designer:||Brown, Samuel John Milton (1873-1965)|
|Dimensions:||101,5 x 63,5 cm (25 x 40 in.)|
|Printed in:||United Kingdom|
|Publisher:||Liverpool and North Wales Steamship Company|
La Marguerite was a paddle steamer built in 1894 by Fairfield at Govan, Glasgow.
Engines : Compound diagonal
Considerably larger than any previous vessel on the Thames service, La Marguerite was mostly used on the France / Belgium run.
La Marguerite became an extremely popular vessel, but was expensive to run and never consistently profitable.
Withdrawn after the 1903 season and transfered to the Fairfield-owned Liverpool & North Wales Steamship Co
Served Llandudno and the Menai Bridge from Liverpool, remaining on station until 1925.
The poster is mounted on linen.